Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
School Based Nurse Practitioner
Bend, OR 97701 US
Looking for a rewarding career as a Nurse Practitioner? WSi Healthcare can help! Apply ASAP
WSi is seeks a provider to perform the following on-site Medical Services on Fridays. Service hours shall typically be from 9:00am to 1:00pm or until finished.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Additional service hours may be required to provide in-processing medical screening of students at the beginning of the term.
- Perform sick call, coordinate doctor visits, and oversee the administration of medications.
- Assess and treat common acute illnesses such as: earaches, sore throats, bladder infections, gynecological issues, and chronic illnesses such as: diabetes, hypertension, and depression using medications and other treatments.
- Authorize diagnostic tests including x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests.
- Observe students on a regularly to screen for problems that should be referred to other health care professionals, such as: a medical doctor, nutritionist, dentist, or psychologist.
- Assume responsibility for selection and referral of students in need of such care.
- Perform procedures such as: minor office surgery, apply casts and splints, and suture lacerations as authorized by applicable law.
- Advise staff on the need for modification of student participation in program to meet the health needs of individual students.
- Based on the best information available and physical assessment, authorize exclusion and reintroduction of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
- Approve and refill student medication on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis as needed.
- Coordinate with medical office assistant to maintain prescription medication stock in an effective manner with a minimum of one week supply on hand.
- Evaluate students’ prescription medications for possible side effects and provide oversight and approval for all medications and prescription drugs provided.
- Develop and maintain a list of routinely dispensed over-the-counter medications.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills. Maintain positive direct interactions with students. Provide clear written communications with staff, including email messaging.
- Provide health care education to individuals and training.
- Educate, and promote disease prevention to students and staff to curb healthcare costs.
- Assist with student insurance billings between parent/guardian and health insurance provider, as needed.
- Coordinate contact with health care providers to minimize costs for students’ prescription medications and off-site health care, as needed.
- Work with Principal, and parent/guardian to authorize the scheduling of off-site appointments for students.
- On-site visits per week for sick calls.
- Provide own transportation.
- Coordinate with Principal to ensure continuity of student care and on-site visits.
- Work with Admissions Supervisor to review medical files and conditions for student acceptability into the program.
- Participate in staff in-service training as a subject matter expert.
Additional Service hours will be required to provide in-processing medical screening of students, staff in-service training, applicant medical file review, and drug test training for staff. The dates for these Services shall be scheduled in advance.
The contract is anticipated to be 1 year with the option to renew for one or more additional year(s).
- Valid Nurse Practitioner license in Oregon with certification in family practice, trauma, internal medicine
- Current AHA CPR/BLS certification
- Pass background and Drug Screening
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Winner of Clearly Rated's ‘Best in Staffing for Talent’ for 4-years in a row! (2020 - 2023) - WSi has been committed to providing complete job placement services in healthcare to the western region since 1988 while providing the best for both our candidates and clients. Due to the outstanding placement services, pay rates, and opportunities, healthcare professionals trust their careers to WSi. Contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $250 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer.
WSi Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a Drug-Free Workplace and will require all candidates to submit to a pre-employment screening test prior to employment. Should you need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Partner - Sales & Recruitment
Alicia has been recruiting for WSi Healthcare for over 27 years. She started in the healthcare industry and moved into the recruitment industry overseas in Australia. Recruiting is a way to change the lives of our candidates, providers, and the patients in the community that our candidates service. Alicia's favorite part of WSi is making a local impact. WSi has clients bringing their needs to us before going anywhere else, giving our candidates an inside track to some great opportunities. Give us a call to learn more!
WSi Healthcare Personnel staffs over 30 medical positions ranging from Medical Receptionist, Medical Assistants, Therapists, Pharmacists, Radiology and Nursing.