Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Radiology Technologist – Orthopedics
Greenwood Village, CO 80112 US
WSi Healthcare has partnered with a prominent orthopedic clinic in Greenwood Village, Colorado who is looking for a motivated Radiology Technician to join their team. They are offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus and up to $40/hr based on experience and education. This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position, so if you'd like to be part of a close-knit family and enjoy working at a fast pace then this is a great opportunity!
Provides technical skills involving radiology (may include fluoroscopy); Takes and may develop radiographs of various parts of the body to assist physicians in the detection of foreign bodies and diagnosis of disease or injury. The Radiologic technologist will work closely with providers and other care teams and play a key role in diagnosing patients' medical conditions. They must be able to position patients and use equipment skillfully to capture useful, high-quality diagnostic images.
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment, and exam to ensure patients' understanding and cooperation.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral, and attending to all age-related physical, spiritual, and psychosocial needs.
- Evaluates the learning needs of the patient and/or family and provide patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Assists team in preparing the procedural environment, orients and assesses the patient, and reviewing patient’s medical record and surgeon’s notes to ensure all prerequisites and preferences are met. (If applicable): When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in patient status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
- Ensures safety checklists and procedures are implemented and documented at all times.
- Assists team in managing patients during procedures, including monitoring and communicating patient condition, documenting interventions and activities, monitoring the sterile field, and controlling traffic into, out of, and around the room.
- Troubleshoots resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- (If applicable): Performs scrub functions as needed, including the preparation, selection, and handling of instruments and supplies used during the surgical procedure, and performs equipment counts with colleagues.
- Positions patient and perform imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results.
- Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including re-positioning the patient and repeating the procedure. Enters and transmits images as needed.
- The scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and takes immediate and appropriate action.
- Documents work processes as required.
- Cleans exam rooms and other patient care areas between each patient.
- Maintains work areas, exam rooms, supplies, equipment, medications, and immunizations.
- Performs clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned, such as completing patient visit records, maintaining departmental logs, answering telephones and taking messages, checking in patients, and scheduling patient appointments.
**If you'd like more information, please contact me at 719-314-2309 or send an email to email@example.com**
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program.
- 1+ years experience in a related field.
- Registered as a Radiologic Technologist (R) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R). Specialty ARRT certification(s) if required for the position. State licensure if required by law.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Conditions of Employment:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by American Heart Association or American Red Cross healthcare provider level CPR certification.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications for the position.
- Maintains all continuing education requirements.
- Must be able to work in person.
- Must be able to travel to alternate locations as assigned.
- Associate’s degree.
- 2+ years experience in a related area/specialty.
- EPIC experience.
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking.
- Kronos, HealthStream.
- MS Office: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word.
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
We were recently awarded by ClearlyRated for ‘Best in Staffing for Clients’ in 2021 and ‘Best in Staffing for Talent’ in 2021. WSi has been committed to providing complete job placement services in healthcare to the western region since 1988 while providing the best for both our candidates and clients. Due to the outstanding placement services, pay rates, and opportunities, healthcare professionals trust their careers to WSi. Contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $250 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer.
WSi Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a Drug-Free Workplace and will require all candidates to submit to a pre-employment screening test prior to employment. Should you need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vince works as an Account Manager specializing in Radiology, Pharmacy, Dental, and Audiology. His favorite part of working at WSi Healthcare Personnel is helping people improve their careers in a variety of ways that best fit their goals. Contact Vince today to talk about several quality career opportunities!
WSi Healthcare Personnel staffs over 30 medical positions ranging from Medical Receptionist, Medical Assistants, Therapists, Pharmacists, Radiology and Nursing.