Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
(RN) Registered Nurse- Correctional - Full-time/ Part-time/PRN
Pueblo, CO 81003 US
*This is NOT a travel contract.
We are currently sourcing for an (RN) Registered Nurse to staff in the state of Colorado for the DOC. WSi is looking for an RN interested in developing their career in the Department of corrections. This position will include a med cart and a clinic setting. This position could be Full-time, Part-time, or PRN. You Choose!
**If you are interested in working in corrections, apply now!**
- You choose days or nights
- No correctional experience required
- Full-time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 12-hour shifts.
- Mid and night-shift dollar shift differential
- Applicant must possess a current, valid license as a Registered Nurse from the Colorado Board of Nursing or any state participating in the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact.
- In order to process a background investigation, your application must include at least (10) ten years of the most current work experience unless experience related to the job for which you are applying is later than (10) years.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have NO felony convictions
- Successfully pass all modules of the Colorado Department of Corrections Basic Training, including English reading comprehension, relevant competency assessments, and written/practical exams in Defensive Tactics.
- Possess the physical ability to successfully complete Defensive Tactics
- Willing and able to travel (if needed)
- Provides physical care and treatments, administers medications, collaborates on treatment plans, employs infection control measures, provides crises intervention, interviews and triages inmates, and performs patient and staff instruction
- Ensures ordering and restocking of medications and supplies
- Delivering medications to inmates in medication lines, infirmaries
- Observes and reports the physical and emotional condition of inmates, including the effectiveness of medications and treatments during triage, sick line and emergency situations
- Performs physical and emotional assessments of inmates during triage, sick-line, and emergency situations, employing basic nursing, and assessment skills and protocol
- Attends training programs as assigned, including 4-day self-defense to ensure self-protection skills
- Active Unencumbered RN Nursing license
- CPR must be American Heart Association
- Ability to Pass a Background check and drug screen through WSi Healthcare Personnel
We offer CPR classes if needed!
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
We were recently awarded by ClearlyRated for ‘Best in Staffing for Clients’ in 2021 and ‘Best in Staffing for Talent’ in 2021. WSi has been committed to providing complete job placement services in healthcare to the western region since 1988 while providing the best for both our candidates and clients.
Due to the outstanding placement services, pay rates, and opportunities, healthcare professionals trust their careers to WSi. Contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $250 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer.
WSi Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a Drug-Free Workplace and will require all candidates to submit to a pre-employment screening test prior to employment. Should you need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Meet Your Recruiter
Rain Sorenson works as a Junior Account Manager and has been in the recruiting industry for under a year, specializing in RNs and LPNs with numerous backgrounds. Rain's favorite part of working at WSi Healthcare Personnel is the people she meets and the connections she gains. Rain enjoys being able to staff a client and help a nurse excel in their career. Contact Rain Sorenson today to talk about several quality career opportunities!
WSi Healthcare Personnel staffs over 30 medical positions ranging from Medical Receptionist, Medical Assistants, Therapists, Pharmacists, Radiology and Nursing.