Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Vascular Access RN - Dialysis PRN
Summary: The Vascular Access RN provides direct nursing care to adult patients undergoing dialysis vascular access intervention. Provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation and evaluation in accordance with Access Center procedures and/or protocols. Will assist in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment of patients including the development, evaluation and modification of the plan of care and its documentation. The RN interprets and performs complex patient-care procedures. The Registered Nurse is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for care given. The RN provides care to those patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment/technology and other healthcare team members according to established standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Exhibits professionalism and compassion in all communication and actions.
• Provides positive patient experiences by exceeding patient expectations in every encounter.
• Provides high-quality nursing care to patients undergoing dialysis vascular access procedures utilizing conscious sedation including: fistulograms with angioplasty, tunneled dialysis catheter placement, catheter exchange or removal and vein mapping.
• Gathers patient clinical information prior to procedures utilizing the electronic medical record and performs a directed physical examination of the access.
• Shares patient information to the physician and clinical team throughout patient’s care in the Access Center including but not limited to contrast allergies or other medication allergies, blood thinning medications and other pertinent information needed to provide excellent patient care.
• Provides initial and ongoing assessment and monitoring of the patient pre-procedure, intraprocedure and post-procedure and relays information to the physician and team.
• Documents all elements of patient care in the electronic medical record accurately.
- RN licensed in the State of Colorado, BLS and ACLS Certification.
- Critical Care experience required.
- BLS and ACLS Certification required.
- Experience in procedural or interventional radiology setting preferred.
- Dialysis experience recommended.
- Moderate Sedation Certification recommended.
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!