Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Ultrasound Tech - OBGYN
Lone Tree, CO | Part-time
WSi Healthcare currently has a contract available at a Women's Health facility in Lone Tree for an OBGYN Ultrasound Tech. This position will begin ASAP and will continue through September. Please contact Hannah Grenier if interested.
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8a-5p
- Ensure that the sonography examination order is complete.
- Exercise responsibility to ensure that the ultrasound equipment is functioning accurately and at optimal level.
- Troubleshoot to try to resolve machine issues, contact Supervisor if unable to resolve.
- Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
- Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the sonographic examination.
- Evaluate any contraindications, insufficient patient preparation, and the patient's inability or unwillingness to tolerate the examination and associated procedures.
- Communicate with the patient in a manner appropriate to the patient's ability to understand.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with privacy laws (e.g.,HIPAA) and facility policies, and procedures.
- Apply independent, professional, ethical judgment, and critical thinking to safely perform diagnostic sonography procedures.
- Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, equipment adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, and to prevent compromised data acquisition and musculoskeletal injury to the sonographer.
- Apply independent judgment during the sonography examination to ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
- As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to facilitate optimum diagnostic results for the interpreting physician.
- Provide preliminary report/comments of sonography examinations for use by the interpreting physician.
- Ability and willingness to complete amount of exams needed for the day, to include add on exams.
- Adhere to accepted professional and ethical standards.
- Establish positive/open relationships with patients, physicians, staff and the public.
- Document any incidental findings that might impact patient safety or patient care and provide that information to the interpreting physician.
- Operate the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
- Ensure that the sonography examination results meet the facility standards for Quality Assurance before findings are released for interpretation.
- Work with the appropriate staff to ensure quality patient care.
- Assist with the daily operation of the sonography department.
- Other tasks as required or asked by your Supervisor.
- Sonography education, training, and experience in the specialty area(s) to be performed.
- Demonstrated competence in the specialty area(s) to be performed, including sonographer certification by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), and/or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning (e.g., continuing medical education in the specialty area(s) performed, higher education, staff training, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills.
- CPR certification
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!