Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Denver, CO | Full-time
About the School Psychologist Position
School psychologists assist students at all levels, from elementary school to high school. They advocate for students’ well-being, and as valuable resources for their educational and personal advancement. As a school psychologist, you may help students in processing issues such as bullying, disabilities, LGBTQ issues, low self-esteem, poor academic performance, social anxiety, problems with authority and problems at home. The School Psychologist performs psycho-educational assessment of students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating with a full student services team to provide the most appropriate recommendations and support for students requiring services. The School Psychologist will be a member of our regional School Services Team located in Southwest and Northeast Denver.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Consults with staff and parents, making recommendations for developmentally appropriate services and strategies to assist in improving student achievement
* Participates in crisis management by counseling and or making referrals
* Counsels students, parents (in groups and individually) and consults with staff in the development of appropriate behavior goals
* Interprets test data, researches available tests necessary to meet individual school needs, provides in-service training for staff on standardized administration technique, and interprets individual and group test data to staff and parents
* Support the affective/ social-emotional needs of with disabilities.
* Attend district school Psychologist trainings
* Work with school-aged children K-12
* Help students process their problems and plan goals and action
* Promote positive behaviors
* implement research based behavioral management techniques
* Evaluate and advise school disciplinary practices for troubled students
* Participate in special education by administering psychological tests, and completing IEP reports
* Facilitate groups
* Provide professional development throughout the region related to Multi Tired Systems of Support, behavior management, trauma informed instruction
* Masters in school psychology
* Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS), Educational Specialist (Ed.S), or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS)
* Must have 60+ graduate credit hours with a full year internship of at least 1200 hours in the school setting with supervision.
* Must possess a Colorado Department of Education Special Service Provider License with an endorsement in School Psychology
* Previous school psychologist experience and working with gifted and talented students preferred
* Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
* Experience in the administration and interpretation of a variety of test instruments to evaluate cognitive ability, learning aptitudes, academic skills and eligibility for special education
* Experience using consultation techniques that allow for providing effective techniques that address problems in learning and behavior
* Strong preference for candidates with prior experience in a charter or independent school environment
* Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment
* Proactive problem solver who demonstrates initiative
* Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
* Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work
* Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!