Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Respiratory Therapist RRT RT
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Join our GREAT team of therapist that help the community. Registered Respiratory Therapists RRT RT needed for PRN shifts when the caseloads go up or when a therapist just needs a day off. Earn extra money work as much or as little as you like ... you control your schedule. If you are interested give me Dottie a call at 719-632-8325 I would love to tell you more or email your resume to email@example.com.
Perform respiratory procedures under physician direction in all patient areas. Responsible for patient assessments, care plans, plan implementation and evaluation and revision of therapy plan as needed. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure the most effective and efficient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Supports the organization vision and mission and practices performance improvement techniques to assure the delivery of the most effective patient care.
• Delivers respiratory care procedures to patients in general, acute, critical care and emergency areas according to departmental policies and procedures.*
• Performs therapeutic modalities including patient monitoring, medication delivery, ventilation management, expansion therapy, and bronchial hygiene. *
• Performs diagnostic testing including ABG's, PFT's, EKG's, cardiac, bronchoscopy, and pulse oximetry. *
• Assists in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency care by providing airway maintenance and management, cardiac support and other assistance as needed to expedite patient and physician needs.*
• Responds to patient needs in a timely, effective manner. *
• Provides patient and family education and teaching. * • Transports patients within the hospital or between facilities. *
• Ability to provide on-call coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facility policy. *
• Develops care plan from thorough assessment via protocol criteria or directed physician order. *
• Documents all patient care activities including evaluations, progress notes and detailed treatment records per standards of practice, legal requirements and regulatory/third party payer requirements. *
• Documents ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes to correctly capture billing charges. *
• Coordinates and communicates effectively to all patients, families, staff, physicians and other customers concerning respiratory therapy services by direct verbal and/or written communication respecting confidentiality at all times. *
• Technical and interpersonal problem solving. *
• Determines the proper function of all equipment used and make interventions as needed. *
• Anticipates, recognizes and assists others in identifying patient complications and reactions related to respiratory care. *
• Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements. *
• Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility. *
• Participates in personal, professional and program development by attending department in-services, meetings and by sharing professional expertise to enhance quality of professional services and staff development.*
• Assists in training respiratory therapy staff, students and other hospital personnel. *
• Acts as a resource for new staff members and co-workers by sharing information and providing education.*
• Adheres to professional code of ethics and to all accreditation requirements.*
• This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Completion of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Education Program, i.e. CoARC, JRCRTE, or CAAHEP High school diploma or GED
Minimum Experience Requirements 1 year of respiratory therapy experience, preferred Prior use of electronic medical records (EMR), preferred
License/Certifications • Current credential of CRT or RRT by N.B.R.C
• Current state Respiratory Therapist Licensure (RLT) in the applicable state of employment.
• Current BLS certification from American Heart Association.
• Current ACLS certification form American Heart Association upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire
• Current PALS certification upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!