Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Registered Nurse - RN - Pediatrics
Eugene, OR | Full-time or Part-time
Seeking dedicated Registered Nurse - RN - Pediatrics to work in a juvenile detention center. The Juvenile Detention Nurse promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of the youth in custody committed to an OYA youth correctional facility. This position is responsible for the provision of comprehensive health care services to youth. This position assumes primary responsibility for direct professional nursing care to youth in custody having physical and mental health complaints and develops nursing care plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties that require direct involvement with youth:
- Holds daily sick-call and as-needed evaluations.
- Performs comprehensive observations and assesses youth's mental and physical condition. Develops nursing care plans when appropriate.
- Initiates appropriate treatment according to current medical and nursing treatment plans of care.
- Performs admission screening according to standard procedure.
- Evaluates youth returning from unauthorized absence and parole violations according to standard procedure.
- Provides emergency and first aid evaluations and treatment, as required, sustaining vital functions. Refers patients to appropriate emergency provider.
- Assists medical, dental, psychiatric, and psychological providers with examination and reports.
- Performs destruction of unused or outdated medication
- Performs discharge planning functions to ensure continuity of care. Ensures youth is educated regarding health conditions, health care needs and medication prior to discharge.
Provides routine health care as required:
- Initiates appropriate health care intervention according to health care priorities identified in procedure and standing order protocol.
- Carries out physician/dentist/nurse practitioner orders, ensuring they are appropriate, by observation and feedback from staff members, youth and youth's family. Evaluates effectiveness of care and adjusts accordingly while being consistent with best practices of the nursing profession.
- Collects laboratory specimens and samples for testing and analysis.
- Administers routine blood draws.
- Provides health care-related patient education.
- Coordinates youth health care by scheduling services for on-site and community-based services.
Recordkeeping and Clinic Management Duties:
- Maintains accurate, legible and complete records of patient care including chart documentation, objective data collection, treatment provided, evaluation of treatment effectiveness, patient education provided, and the writing of nursing care plans.
- Maintains records security and confidentiality as per Oregon Revised Statutes.
- Enters essential youth-related health information into Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS).
- Maintains appointment schedules for health care providers.
Actively interviewing! If interested, please apply or contact Cody at 303-322-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-year RN experience preferred but not required
- Must have current Oregon RN license
- Must have two (2) great references.
- Able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must have current BLS
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!