Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Registered Nurse - RN - PACU
Olympia, WA | Full-time or Part-time
Seeking dedicated Registered Nurse - RN - PACU to work in a Olympia-area surgery center.
- Monitors the patient’s condition and continuously assesses patient care needs. - Documents information on the patient’s record that is accurate and timely. - Identifies priorities of patient care. - Ensures and respects the patient’s rights to privacy and dignity.
- Demonstrates clinical competency. - Recognizes impending crises and initiates appropriate actions - Notifies anesthesia or surgeon of patient problems as needed.
- Assist with equipment, supply and inventory maintenance.
- Assists with orientation and clinical education of new personnel. - Facilitates an environment that promotes team work and positive team interactions. - Knowledgeable of recommended standards of practice of American Society of Post-Anesthesia Nurse.
-Assists with pre-operative appointment.
-Participates in patient follow-up post operatively.
-Assists in surgery if needed.
The following is representative of some additional areas of focus for our RN PACU Nurse. The role works through the full patient experience; pre-procedure, intra-procedure, post-procedure and includes work in the surgery suite and recovery area.
A full job description will be made available upon hiring.
· Facilitate a positive patient outcome, while maintaining a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors.
· Learn and demonstrate proficiency in aspects of holistic patient care. Learns the principles of our holistic program as it pertains to pre-op preparation and immediate post- op recovery.
· Demonstrate competency in the delivery of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Assist with pre-operative teaching and post-operative visits.
· Demonstrate knowledge of standard precautions, hand hygiene, transmission-based precautions and personal protective equipment.
· Executes and ensure strict HIPAA protocol.
· Enforce policy adherence consistent with AAAASF guidelines to maintain superb quality assurance and quality improvement.
· Ability to review paperwork prior to procedure to ensure current history & physical, current medication history and other required elements are present.
· Recognize the need to elevate care to Physician.
· Demonstrate strong, accurate decision making capabilities.
· The RN PACU Nurse may assist in setting up cases, help manage inventory, will provide back-up support for other clinical staff as necessary and complete special projects as assigned.
Actively interviewing! If interested, please apply or contact Cody at 303-322-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-year PACU experience
- Must have current Washington RN license
- Must have two (2) great references.
- Able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must have current BLS
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!