Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Radiology Technologist - Department of Corrections
Buena Vista, CO | Part-time
Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To, The Following
This position is responsible for producing high-quality diagnostic radiographs for Buena Vista Correctional Facility offenders.
- Evaluates radiological orders to determine positioning, test procedure needed and protective measure necessary for diagnostic testing;
- Operates X-ray machine according to established guidelines;
- Produces high quality radiographs that will assist medical personnel in diagnosing disease processes;
- Develops X-ray cassettes utilizing darkroom techniques;
- Evaluate finished product and equipment according to quality control standards;
- Schedules radiological testing;
- Monitors system for logging all diagnostic tests performed according to offender name, number, location and test;
- Prepare films for review by radiologist to include preparation of necessary paperwork;
- Distribute dictation to home facility of offender for filing in medical record;
- Logs and files completed x-ray for future record, reference and review;
- Cleans x-ray equipment, to include x-ray machine, cassettes, processor table, and room to provide aseptic environment;
- Supplies clean linens for each exam. Arranges and monitors linen supply and delivery;
- Obtains laboratory specimens by phlebotomy or other techniques as trained using standard guidelines;
- Prepares specimens and tissue for testing;
- Will perform routine CLIA-waived laboratory tests, standardized test and procedures and report accurate results;
- Assists in training staff in phlebotomy or other lab collection techniques;
- Completes all related paperwork, bookkeeping and requisitions accurately and in a timely manner;
- Obtains and logs necessary quality control measures;
- Keeps precise records of lab tests performed;
- Follows standard precautions and complies with blood borne pathogen administrative regulations and procedures related to controlled access items such as needles, syringes, and other sharp items;
- Attends training programs as assigned including one-day self defense refresher course.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate's degree in Radiologic Technology or other closely related field.
- Applicant must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) as a Radiology Tech and/or one year of experience as a Radiology Technologist.
Work experience which provides the same kind, amount and level of knowledge acquired in the required education may substitute for the education.
- Ability to provide direct patient care to offenders in a correctional setting;
- Must be able to operate radiological equipment and perform all radiological examinations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Computer proficiency is required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to meet work schedule and be flexible with schedule;
- Experience with digital imaging;
- Previous experience as a Radiologic Technologist in a correctional setting;
- Continued certifications in the field of Radiologic Technology such as Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computed Tomography (CT).
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!