Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
RN - Perioperative Nurse
Responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the OR and other areas of perioperative services for all patient populations.
· Performs treatments in a safe and effective manner.
· Administers medications in a timely and safe manner.
· Maintains responsibility for preparation, interpretation and evaluation of test data.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skills to act appropriately in the Charge Nurse Role.
· Demonstrates knowledge and participates in education, discharge planning and counseling of patients and significant other.
· Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competency.
· Promotes positive interpersonal relationships.
· Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital information.
· Practices according to professional and ethical standards as described by State and Professional organizations.
· Provides care to patients in Pre-Op area, Operating Room and GI Lab, Pacu in a professional and anticipatory manner.
· Performs all sterile activity utilizing aseptic technique. · Assists Anesthesia with intubation and extubation as needed.
· Takes responsibility for all activities in the OR as the Patient Advocate while Circulating.
· Take responsibility to make sure a proper Time Out is performed prior to incision per P&P.
· Performs accurate and timely documentation of all medical records, ie OR Record, PACU Record, Medication reconciliation, pre-op record.
· Performs accurate intra-op counts for sponges, instruments, and sharps according to P&P. · Cares for specimens according to P&P.
· Graduate from an accredited nursing program, with a current Colorado RN licensure
· 1-2 years previous experience in OR preferred
· AHA ACLS, BLS
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!