Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Lander, WY 82520
Wsi in conjunction with the state of WY has a wonderful opportunity for a physician. This position provides direct medical assessment and treatment of clients residing in Lander, WY. It serves as medical director and provides oversight of other medical staff.
We offer an excellent State of Wyoming benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, state retirement plan, longevity pay and deferred compensation program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Conduct physical examinations of clients served at WLRC, including ordering necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Order necessary external diagnostic procedures as client needs present and collaborate with those external providers to achieve this function.
- Document all medical information and treatment in accordance with facility policies, procedures and governing regulations.
- Monitor client medical care plan. Deliver necessary medical care, including prescribing medications and/or appropriate treatments.
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers including but not limited to nurses, pharmacists, therapists, dietitian and psychologists/psychiatrists.
- Provide leadership in best medical practices and implementation of medical advancements.
- Responsible for oversight of and medical control direction of other medical staff employed by.
- Provide training and instruction for staff to include, but not limited to, nurses, direct support staff, therapists, other medical providers, families and guardians.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
family medicine physician
internal medicine physician
primary care physician
family practice physician
- Knowledge of the general medical aspects of surgery, orthopedics, gynecology and epidemiology.
- Knowledge of preventive medical measures.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with others in a positive, respectful and effective manner.
- Skills in teaching and presenting to a variety of groups.
- Familiarity with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with and ability to follow Intermediate Care Facility/Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/ID) and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) regulations and other applicable regulations.
- Ability to work with electronic medical records software as well as identified electronic mail systems.
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
We were recently awarded ‘Best in Staffing for Talent’ by ClearlyRated in 2019, WSi has been committed to providing complete job placement services in healthcare to the western region since 1988 while providing the best for both our candidates and clients.
Due to the outstanding placement services, pay rates, and opportunities, healthcare professionals trust their careers to WSi. If you’re in need of a full-time or part-time position, or a temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!
WSi Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a Drug-Free Workplace and will require all candidates to submit to a pre-employment screening test prior to employment. Should you need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact us for assistance.