Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Nurse Practitioner - Pain Management
Colorado Springs, CO | Full-time
WSi Healthcare is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for a full-time position in a growing Pain Management clinic in Colorado Springs.
Preference will be given to candidates with common in office pain procedures such as trigger point injections and ultrasound guided intra-articular joint injections. In addition, management of implanted IT pump fills and knowledge of spinal cord stimulators. PA's with experience in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Spine and Physiatry are good matches for this specialty. We are also willing to consider new grads or individuals with family practice experience, who may have prescribed pain medication.
* Obtain patient history and perform assessment via observation, interview, and examination for procedures, follow up and medication refill appointments with emphasis of safe-prescribing practices.
* Provide direct treatment and management or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
* Order procedures, explaining necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedures.
* Ability to identify and proactively solve problems.
* Preferred experience in joint injection, trigger point injection, sterile IT pump management, and ultrasound machine experience performing peripheral injections/nerve blocks (willing to train if necessary.)
* Ability to document in electronic medical record (Allmeds), ensuring completeness and accuracy in a timely manner.
* Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Strict compliance with HIPAA and OSHA guidelines.
* Participate in “on-call” rotation.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager and physician.
* Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program or Nurse Practitioner program
* Current unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant or NP with full prescriptive privileges and DEA.
* Current BLS certification
* Ability to provide current TB test, Flu shot, and Hepatitis series
* New hire should be able to work in an autonomous role
* We are looking for a physician assistant or NP's with preferably with 1-2 years’ experience, preferably in pain management.
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!