Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Physician - Pediatrics
Colorado Springs, CO
Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide clinical services; assumes client care responsibilities inclusive of psychiatric med management, professional diagnosing and prescribing and/or administering treatment; applies medical knowledge and skills to the process of diagnosis, prevention and treatment or illnesses. Provides psychiatric med management and diagnostic assessment, offering psychotropic treatment options and input to treatment plan as part of a multidisciplinary team of case manager, therapists, nurses and program managers. Performs, analyzes and documents findings for mental health and substance abuse medication management and interventions as appropriate for specialty training and population services. Other duties include consultation regarding diagnosis and treatment to other agency staff or to community partners including emergency room and local MDs and participation in authorization of medical necessity and other utilization management duties. Essential Functions
• Performs limited psychiatric diagnostic evaluations to determine diagnoses, treatment strategies, and care coordination needs for clients with mental health, substance use, or other psychiatric and medical needs.
• Performs pharmacologic treatment strategies, orders medications, monitors, and evaluates progress on psychiatric and/or other medications for stabilized psychiatric clients.
• Assesses need for and orders/monitors/evaluates/ and provides clinical interpretation for ongoing evaluation needs for prescribed treatments to include but not limited to: lab tests, genetic testing, radiologic tests, specialty consults and coordination needs and clinical data. .
• Psychiatric medical and co-morbid treatment planning and coordination/consulting/liaison with multidisciplinary staff members, external providers/agencies to ensure quality treatment through but not limited to huddles, staffings, psychiatric consultation, and treatment team meetings.
• Completes medication/health education to include but not limited to informed consent, benefits, risks, side effects, and alternative treatments for medications ordered, health/wellness management, metabolic risk reduction strategies.
• Performs timely, concurrent, accurate clinical/billing documentation meeting professional standards in compliance with State and Federal regulations. Documentation and billing coding for all services fully support clinical necessity and appropriate E & M coding standards.
• Care coordination: Professional and timely communication/care coordination with client/families/involved agencies/ PCP/ and other specialty care providers to ensure timely and coordinated treatment planning and evaluation of client progress.
• Assures timely access to care, demonstrates flexibility in scheduling to fully meet client needs, and meets applicable productivity standards.
•Consults with and/or refers to Lead Psychiatrist complex or psychiatrically unstable clients as clinical indicated. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
• Licensed Pediatrician or Family Practice Physician in Colorado in good standing and with no restrictions.
• Active DEA
• Specialty Certification or training in areas of: Family Practice or Pediatrics with experience working with Child/Adolescent population, Alternative and Complementary Medicine, or Integrated Care.
• Knowledge and competency in psychiatric medication management and treatment of populations served.
• Must have sufficient language skills to be able to communicate both verbally and in writing to accurately and professionally implement and document the services provided to patients.
• Must possess basic computer skills and type 25+ w.p.m. for the input and output of patient information using an electronic record.
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!