Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant
Bend, OR 97701
WSi is seeking a provider to perform the following on-site Medical Services three days per week for approximately 12 hours weekly. Service hours shall typically be from 9:00am to 1:00pm or until finished on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Additional service hours may be required to provide in-processing medical screening of students.
· Perform sick call, coordinate doctor visits, and oversee the administration of medications.
· Assess and treat common acute illnesses such as: earaches, sore throats, bladder
infections, gynecological issues, and chronic illnesses such as: diabetes, hypertension, and depression using medications and other treatments.
· Authorize diagnostic tests including x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests.
· Observe students on a regular basis to screen for problems that should be referred to other health care professionals, such as: a medical doctor, nutritionist, dentist, or psychologist. Assume responsibility for selection and referral of students in need of such care.
· Perform procedures such as: minor office surgery, apply casts and splints, and suture lacerations as authorized by applicable law.
· Advise staff on the need for modification of student participation in program to meet the health needs of individual students. Based on the best information available and physical assessment, authorize exclusion and reintroduction of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
· Approve and refill student medication on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis as needed. Coordinate with medical office assistant to maintain prescription medication stock in an effective manner with a minimum of one week supply on hand.
· Evaluate students’ prescription medications for possible side effects and provide oversight and approval for all medications and prescription drugs provided.
· Develop and maintain a list of routinely dispensed over-the-counter medications. Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills. Maintain positive direct interactions with students. Provide clear written communications with staff, including email messaging.
· Provide health care education to individuals and training.
· Educate, and promote disease prevention to students and staff to curb healthcare costs.
· Assist with student insurance billings between parent/guardian and health insurance provider, as needed.
· Coordinate contact with health care providers to minimize costs for students’ prescription medications and off-site health care, as needed.
· Work with Principal, and parent/guardian to authorize the scheduling of off-site appointments for students.
· Provide 3 scheduled, on-site visits per week for sick calls.
· Provide own transportation.
· Coordinate with Principal to ensure continuity of student care and on-site visits.
· Work with Admissions Supervisor to review medical files and conditions for student acceptability into the program.
· Participate in staff in-service training as a subject matter expert.
Additional Service hours will be required to provide in-processing medical screening of students, staff in-service training, applicant medical file review, and drug test training for staff. The dates for these Services shall be scheduled in advance.
The contract is anticipated to be 1 year with the option to renew for one or more additional year(s).
-hold a valid Nurse Practitioner license in Oregon with certification in family practice, trauma, internal medicine or have a valid physician certification
-current CPR or First Aid certification
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!
WSi Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a Drug-Free Workplace and will require all candidates to submit to a pre-employment screening test prior to employment. Should you need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact us for assistance.