Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Nurse Practitioner - Pain Management
We are seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our staff in a specialty pain practice in the Denver area. This is a part-time/ position, about 2-3 days a week. The right candidate for this position will be responsible for working alongside our other providers in a collaborative environment to provide comprehensive care for patients seeking relief from chronic and acute pain. Candidate must be licensed in the State of Colorado as a nurse practitioner. Candidates should hold a DEA license for prescribing controlled substances. Pain management knowledge is a must.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform physical examinations and screenings of patients
- Order and administer testing, including urinalysis and blood work
- Review and interpret test results
- Diagnose health problems and identify multi-modal approaches to treatment of conditions
- Prescribe appropriate medications, consistent with practice guidelines
- Order, review, and interpret diagnostic imaging as a part of comprehensive evaluation
- Provide referrals to other providers consistent with care plan
- Maintain and update patient records and submit timely notes regarding treatment
- Other duties as appropriate
- Current state nurse practitioner's license in Colorado required
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA required
- Ability to operate as part of a team and show respect to all team members
- Prescriptive authority required
- Proficiency in computer-based EHR medical charting systems required
- Knowledge of modalities utilized in pain management preferred
- Understanding appropriate prescription practices for Opioid medications strongly preferred
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!
WSi Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a Drug-Free Workplace and will require all candidates to submit to a pre-employment screening test prior to employment. Should you need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact us for assistance.