Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Mental Health Counselor - Corrections
Buena Vista, CO
WSi has an immediate need for a Mental Health Counselor for full-time or Part-Time opportunities. If you meet the following criteria please contact Alan for additional information.
Description of Job
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides professional mental health services to offenders to include formal and informal mental health evaluations, diagnostic assessments, and clinical interventions;
- Assures accurate Information System mental health needs levels, including Psychiatric and Developmental Disability needs level codes;
- Provides group, brief, and individual therapy, and crisis intervention to include participation in 24 hour Mental Health On-Call Rotation;
- Assures both emergency and non-emergency transfer for offenders experiencing acute mental health needs;
- Provides clinical direction to non-clinical staff in mental health care and treatment of offenders;
- Assures continuity of care for offenders by making appropriate referral and providing necessary information and documentation for receiving units, facilities, or agencies;
- Documents both handwritten and electronically in an accurate and timely manner to provide comprehensive offender mental health records;
- Monitors offender treatment and listens to offender concerns and provides counseling and direction;
- Promotes and is accountable for the safety and security of the clinical and correctional environment through conscientious observations, and sensitive item contraband control;
- Informs supervisor of any violations of safety and security through the report writing process, attends training programs as assigned, including self-defense course to ensure self protection skills.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Applicant must possess a master's degree from an accredited institution in one of the following mental health fields: counseling, social work, psychology, or marriage and family therapy. You must attach a copy of your transcripts that contain your name, name of the accredited institution, type of degree received and date degree was conferred.
- Applicant must possess current, valid registration with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies as a Registered Psychotherapist as required by C.R.S. 12-43-702.5.
- Possession of a current, valid permit or license from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies as one of the following: Marriage and Family Therapist Candidate, Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Social Worker, Clinical Social Worker, Psychologist Candidate or Psychologist will substitute for the Registered Psychotherapist.
- Ability to provide professional mental health or sex offender treatment to offenders;
- Individual must be efficient;
- Able to participate in 24 hour Mental Health On-Call Rotation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across facility programs and with external agencies;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to provide comprehensive clinical documentation;
- Must maintain required registration/permit/licensure as applicable to this assignment;
- Ability to work with a diverse population of offenders;
- Ability to provide professional mental health treatment as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language;
- Ability to effectively communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications (preferred, but not required):
- Graduation with a master's or doctoral degree in a mental health field such as counseling, social work, marriage and family therapy or psychology from a program accredited by CACREP, CSWE, COAMFTE or APA.
- Possession of a current, valid permit or license from the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies as one of the following: Marriage and Family Therapist Candidate, Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Social Worker, Clinical Social Worker, Psychologist Candidate or Psychologist.
- Experience providing mental health treatment in a correctional environment.
Must have an active Colorado License
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!
WSi Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a Drug-Free Workplace and will require all candidates to submit to a pre-employment screening test prior to employment. Should you need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact us for assistance.