Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Licensed Practical Nurse - Corrections
Limon, CO | PRN
If you are a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who is dedicated and compassionate, then WSi Healthcare Personnel has the perfect opportunity for you. This is your opportunity to treat those who do not typically have access to medical care and make a difference in their lives.
We are currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) who are willing to work 8 or 12-hour shifts, but YOU get to choose which days you want to work! This opportunity is great for those who want to balance their work-life schedule!
Just a few of the benefits that we offer include weekly pay, competitive pay, a wide variety of nursing areas, the ability to work with a culturally diverse group of patients, and a safe working environment.
Responsibilities for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in a corrections facility are as follows:
- Documents in an accurate and timely manner to provide comprehensive offender medical records
- Provides standardized patient education within established nursing guidelines
- Preserves confidentiality
- Provides physical care and treatments, administers medications, collaborates on treatment plans, employs infection control measures, provides a referral to appropriate
- Clinical Services staff for new arrivals, crisis intervention, interviews and triages offenders, and performs instruction and orientation
- Assists physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners with minor medical and surgical procedures
- Delivering PO, IM, IV, SQ, SL medications to offenders in medication lines, infirmaries, specialized cell houses, and PRN
- Observes and reports the physical and emotional condition of offenders including the effectiveness of medications and treatments during sick line emergencies
- Promotes and is accountable for the safety and security of the clinical environment through conscientious observations and sensitive item/contraband control including
- counting syringes, needles, narcotics, instruments, and key control
- Operates a variety of clinical equipment dictated by the type of equipment available in the assigned work unit
- Informs supervisor of any violations of security or safety through the report writing process
- Current CO Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license, or a valid compact state nurse license
- Current American Red Cross CPR Certificate
- Current MMR/TB
- Able to pass a background check and drug screen
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!