Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Dentist - Department of Corrections
Sterling, CO | Contract
- Provide professional diagnosis and treatment of oral pathology for offenders in both routine and emergency settings;
- Provide dental care that includes, but is not limited to, diagnostic, preventive, restorative, periodontal, endodontal, oral surgery, and prosthetic services;
- Apply agency and professional treatment standards to develop individual patient treatment plans;
- Diagnose and treat dental disease of offenders or refer offenders to specialist for treatment;
- This position may be required to participate in restraining an offender primarily for medical reasons;
- Communicate with outside providers and internal peers to ensure continuity of care;
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, clinical services staff regarding offender health issue/policies, transfers, classifications and medical-legal concerns;
- Participate in various decision-making committees to resolve system issues;
- Assist in developing policies, protocols, standards or guidelines;
- Maintain offenders health records to include dental holds, special diets, and work restrictions;
- Respond to offender grievances;
- Participate in the daily dental clinic operations to include tool control, chemical control, infection control practices, bio hazardous waste, hazardous materials and radiation control exposure control regulations;
- Plan workloads and schedules, as well as those of any subordinates;
- Maintain agency compliance with relevant statutes and professional standards in dentistry;
- Provide input to supervisors on dental unit policies and procedures, dental treatment standards, and dental unit budgetary and staffing needs;
- Provides clinical guidance and direction, consultation and education relative to dental assistants' performance;
- Provide supervision of clinical tasks and procedures as required under the Dental Practice Law;
- Provide daily guidance to the dental care staff for kite log entry and offender appointment scheduling to achieve maximum efficiency in providing dental treatment;
- Perform dental patient education related to preventative care and self care including appropriate hygiene, post dental procedure care, signs and symptoms of dental and periodontal disease and signs and symptoms of the need for immediate health dental care.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a valid, active dentist license issued by the Colorado State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Experience providing dental services to any of the following populations: indigent, under-served, community based and institutional;
- Experience providing dental services as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to provide dental care to offenders incarcerated in a correctional facility;
- Advanced knowledge and a thorough understanding of Dental standards and guidelines;
- Commitment to patient care that is team-oriented;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across programs, facilities and with external stakeholders;
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!