Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Dental Assistant/EDDA - Full-Time
WSi has an immediate need for a Dental Assistant at a public clinic in Denver, CO.
About our client:
The mission of the client for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. Advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
Job Summary Assists the Dental Director, Operations Coordinator, dentists, and hygienist in the care and treatment of patients.
Essential Job Functions Employee must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The primary job functions listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job and do not represent an exhaustive list of job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Assists the dentist and hygienist during a variety of treatment procedures.
2. Maintains compliance with infection control protocols, including appropriate sterilization of instruments.
3. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
4. Completes protocols for opening and closing of the clinic.
5. Seats patients, obtains medical history, completes radiology and prepare patient for new exam and dental procedures.
6. Assists dental office coordinator with maintaining charts, scheduling appointments and other front office tasks as requested.
7. Primary chair side assisting duties:
- Assists the dentist and hygienist in the prevention, examination, and treatment of oral disease.
b. Has chart present and x-ray mounted when patient is seated.
c. Prepares patients, set up instrument trays, and prepares materials used in dental procedures.
d. Keeps the patient’s mouth free of debris and hands the dentist appropriate instruments during the procedure.
e. Practices rubber dam techniques, sterilizes equipment and maintains infection control protocols.
f. Cleans, disinfects, sterilizes/ disinfects and re-circulates instruments.
g. Prepares dental materials, cements, amalgams, composites, impression materials; prepares casting models and dies.
h. Disposes of contaminated biological and chemical waste according to OSHA procedures and protocols.
Education and Work Experience
- Graduation from high school required.
2. Graduation from a dental assisting program is required. Program accreditation by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association preferred.
3. Current CPR certification required.
4. One-year experience as a dental assistant with patient care and front office duties preferred.
5. EDDA strongly preferred.
6. Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
We were recently awarded by ClearlyRated for ‘Best in Staffing for Clients’ in 2020 and ‘Best in Staffing for Talent’ in 2019, WSi has been committed to providing complete job placement services in healthcare to the western region since 1988 while providing the best for both our candidates and clients.
Due to the outstanding placement services, pay rates, and opportunities, healthcare professionals trust their careers to WSi. Contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer.
WSi Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also a Drug-Free Workplace and will require all candidates to submit to a pre-employment screening test prior to employment. Should you need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process, please contact us for assistance.