Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Salt Lake City, UT 84044
WSi Healthcare has an immediate need for a Echo/Sonographer. Our client is looking for an experienced person with a minimum of 1 year experience. Wages with commensurate with experience. If you are looking for an outstanding place to work and the ability to be in a place where you can take your career to new heights please call Alan Varin at 719-630-7500.
This position is responsible for performing all aspects of cardiac sonography which includes transthoracic, two dimensional m-mode and doppler procedures, ransesophageal procedures, pharmacologic/non-pharmacologic stress echocardiograms, and imaging procedures.
• Prepares equipment for the procedure to be performed.
• Provides education to patients and families regarding the procedures that are being performed.
• Operates sophisticated, processor based ultrasound and doppler equipment to acquire cross-sectional, two dimensional m-mode and doppler recordings.
• Performs stress test echocardiograms and assists in contrast and transesophageal echocardiogram procedures.
• Participates in the training of echocardiographic techniques and procedures.
• Cleans and disinfects transesophageal probes and other equipment and decontaminates the exam area.
• Performs quantitative measurements and calculations of the acquired data and provides preliminary reports.
• Maintains logs of patient data and files reports.
• Orders and restocks supplies.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
• Ability to provide care to the population served.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development.
• Ability to assess data regarding the patient’s status.
• Ability to provide care as described in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
• Demonstrated effective communication and human relation skills.
• Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCS) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiographic Sonographer (RDCS).
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
• This position involves intensive work that may exert up to 100 pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects, such as medical equipment, or patients while providing medical care. Workers in this position may be exposed to infectious diseases and may be required to function around prisoners and behavioral health patients.
Carrying, Climbing, Color Determination, Far Vision, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, Tasting or Smelling, Walking
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!