Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Littleton, CO | Direct Hire
Description and Responsibilities:
WSi Healthcare is seeking two Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for a full-time direct hire opportunity available at a mental health clinic in Littleton, CO. This NP would be providing medical services to individuals with severe and persistent mental illnesses who have been unable or unwilling to access medical services in the community. Responsibilities are as follow:
- Provide medical services to individuals with a severe a persistent mental illness that have been unable or unwilling to access such services in the community.
- 2. Collaborate with Integrated Care services team members, AOP team members, Bridge House staff, and any other appropriate AllHealth Network staff regarding evaluations, treatment planning and disposition of consumers.
- Refer assessment and treatment of consumer's medical conditions to Primary Care Physicians as need
- Maintain current knowledge of psychopharmacology including medication interaction through on-going collaboration and consultation with the psychiatrist.
- Assure comprehensive patient education when initiating and/or monitoring medication and assess and document the consumer's level of comprehension.
- Participate in Integrated Care Services Team meetings and other team members as required.
- In the outpatient clinic, the nurse practitioner will obtain medical histories and conduct physical examinations; diagnose, evaluate, treat and manage acute and chronic illnesses; order or perform diagnostic tests and interpret these tests; prescribe medications for acute and chronic illness; and provide some routine immunizations, and conduct follow-up checks of blood pressure, weight and glucose levels.
- The nurse practitioner will collaborate with the AllHealth Network client wellness project and will provide general medical and disease management education through that program.
- Function in an integrated role with behavioral health professionals to ensure teamwork, best practices, and continuity of care for consumers.
- Maintain data in order to ensure outcome measures are being met.
- Demonstrate good communication and professionalism with consumers, co-workers, and other outside agency personnel in order to provide high-quality services and to enhance relationships.
- Complete all required documentation accurately, legibly, by established timelines, and to acceptable standards of practice.
- Maintain positive working relationships with peers, staff, and consumers.
- Follow all AllHealth Network clinical policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including those related to confidentiality, the release of information, and record keeping.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the position and the experience, education, and ability of the employee as may be requested and required.
Education: Master's Degree (MSN, MS, MS). Licensed in the State of Colorado as a Nurse Practitioner. Licensed Prescriber in the State of Colorado
Experience: Must have at least three years postmaster's direct clinical experience with adults psychiatric clients in a medical/mental health setting. Psychiatric nursing experience required. Must have knowledge and experience in working with psychiatric medications with both acute and chronically mentally ill clients.
Skills: Demonstrated interpersonal skills required. Must have demonstrated clinical leadership. Decision-making ability, organizational skills, and effective communication skills. Medical expertise established consulting relationships, ability to function collaboratively in multiple systems, ability to work with people with mental illness, ability to work independently as well as be a team player
Approach: Must be able to collaborate with professionals within the medical field, mental health providers, and external agencies.
Other: Ability to negotiate stairs, climb a stepladder, and lift equipment and supplies up to 25lbs. Must possess own transportation, have a good driving record, a valid driver's license, and proof of insurance.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings 401K
- Excellent Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays Off
- Malpractice Insurance coverage
- Additional Benefits
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!