Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Physician - Department of Corrections
Denver, CO | Contract
Description of Job
Current vacancies: Buena Vista, Canon City, Denver, Limon, Pueblo and Sterling; however we are accepting applications for all locations. We also have part-time vacancies available in Canon City and Sterling. The eligibility list created from this posting will be used to fill current and future vacancies through out the state (Crowley, Buena Vista, Canon City, Delta, Denver, Limon, Pueblo, Rifle, Sterling and Trinidad). We are currently offering incentive pay for positions in Sterling and Limon (additional $200.00 per month) and housing pay for positions in Buena Vista (additional $300.00 per month).
This position provides routine and emergency medical care, on-call assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of offenders in one or more prison clinical settings. Physicians are responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Conducting medical/physical examinations;
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests and diagnosing medical conditions;
- Prescribing medications and treatment;
- Educating patients about preventive health care;
- Ensuring minor medical procedures are performed on-site;
- Accountable for the work product of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. Accountability involves direct line authority, clinical supervision, consultation, education and other professional development activities relative to their performance. The position ensures that mid-level provider on-call practices are responsive to medical;
- Providing medical services to a daily patient caseload including chronic care, sick call, emergencies and routine physicals;
- Position participates in the monthly "on-call" schedule and may provide on-site assistance to other DOC clinical units and facilities when demonstrated staffing needs arise;
- Providing instruction, demonstration and training to other health care professionals;
- Providing medical advice to other organizational units or health care specialties through consultation regarding patients or protocols;
- Providing advice to management for the development of medical programs, treatment standards and clinical pathways;
- Position ensures that computer data entry, referrals and consultations, medical reporting, medical co-signature and offender grievance requirements are completed in accordance with DOC Administrative Regulations, policies and procedures, clinical standards, State statute and medical directives;
- Maintaining problems' lists and M-Code ratings in offenders' health records, identifying, applying and updating housing and work restrictions and obtaining authorization numbers for consultations, diagnostic procedures and surgeries;
- This position may be required to participate in restraining an offender primarily for medical reasons;
- Position responsible for attending quarterly medical review board meetings, monthly physician round table meetings and other division meetings.
Applicant must be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Colorado as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy and eligible to practice in a state institution (MDLIC).
Applicant must be board eligible (completed residency) or board certified (passed all requirements or exams), by the appropriate board recognized by the American Medical Association, in one of the following specialty areas :
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Preventive Medicine
- Ability to provide direct patient care to offenders;
- Knowledgeable in full-spectrum primary care;
- Skilled in office-based procedures;
- Ability to maintain professionalism in a complex environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine;
- Experience providing medical care in a correctional environment;
- Experience managing chronic medical conditions as a Physician.
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!