Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Fort Collins, CO | Temp To Perm
WSi Healthcare is seeking an Imaging Specialist for a Temp-to-Hire opportunity at a reputable facility located in Fort Collins, CO. The Imaging Specialist provides direct patient care, performs front office duties and assists in delivering patient results to referring physician offices. This position supports and interacts with all of the various facets of the company, its patients, all Center team members, and Physician Offices.
· Greet patients and families and escort the patient throughout the facility.
· Inject radiopharmaceuticals and scan patients with diagnostic imaging equipment.
· Verify completeness/integrity of scan order from physician’s office at least 48 hours in advance.
· Process images and push to PACS. · Compare scan order/scan/clinical for veracity, accuracy, and data thoroughness.
· Archive & verify to PACS & to DVD daily. · Order radiopharmaceuticals and credit unused radiopharmaceuticals daily.
· Run QC scanning equipment; facilitate repairs if necessary.
· Perform QA on all equipment; maintain QA logs, patient logs, and equipment maintenance logs.
· Ensure scanning equipment is in good working order and facilitates repairs if necessary.
· Obtain working knowledge of PET/CT imaging; educate physicians on PET/CT.
· Develop marketing strategy with Clinical Educators
· Work with patients, physicians, nurses, clinicians, educators, and vendors.
· Develop/implement procedures that improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
· Correctly, legibly, and accurately scan data into document imaging software
· Answer center telephones, distribute faxes and prepare customer files.
· Schedule patient appointments. · Receive and correctly record receipts of patient payments.
· Enter, verify and update patient demographic and insurance information.
· Obtain insurance verifications (VOB), pre-authorizations and pre-determinations.
· Process requests for records from outside sources. · Distribute patient results and educate existing and potential referral sources about our services to the community, physicians, patients, nurses, clinicians and other medical staff
· Build and maintain strong productive relationships with physician practices, center associates and the community at large.
· Participate in all efforts to increase revenue and improve customer service
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
· Preferred Skills:
· Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
· Experience with GE PET/CT camera
· CT experience ·
· Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipment.
· Physical Demands and Work Environment
· The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, bend and crawl.
· Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full-time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!
Please contact Hannah Grenier if interested at 719-630-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org