Find the Right Healthcare Job. Right Now.
Entry Level Accessioner - 4:30 PM to 12:30 AM
Salt Lake City, UT | Full-time
Are you seeking an opportunity to grow and develop your skills in specimen processing? Do you have at least some experience as an Accessioner and the desire to advance your career? Do you have a collaborative spirit and work best as part of a team environment? If so this Entry Level Accessioner position may be a great fit for you! This opportunity will allow you to enhance your laboratory skills while working in a fast-paced, challenging, but team oriented, environment. This is a long-term contract opportunity, and the regular work hours are 4:30 PM to 12:30 AM. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then please apply today!
Pre-analytical processing of medical specimens. Preparation of specimens including but not limited to blood, stool and urine for testing through the following: sorting, coding, inputting, labeling, receiving, CVISing, manifesting, and filing. The position includes several additional duties but limited to specimen retrieval, SHMC send-outs, labeling, preparing, and scanning documents. Accurate performance of these duties is vital to the beginning step in the laboratory process and must be maintained at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processing patient samples to include blood, urine, stool, etc.
- Data Entry of patient demographics and test requests into our computer system
- Accurately label, aliquot, and document samples and sample types
- Proper disposal of samples according to procedure
- Operating Automation instruments for specimen processing and archiving
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with minimal errors and complete accuracy
- Accurately label, prep, and scan documents
- Perform rescans in a timely manner
- Perform scanner cleaning and maintenance
- Able to handle stressful situations caused by high volume and deadlines
- Ability to operate phone and computer systems
- Adherence to company safety regulations
- Adherence to department policies and procedures
- Able to meet department standards and quotas
- Regularly exposed to the risk of blood-borne diseases and therefore require the proper use of “personal protective equipment” (PPE).
- Exposure to specimens, odorous chemicals, toxic chemical agents and cleaners, (high use of bleach & dry ice)
- Potential contamination from handling of specimens
- Potential exposure to contaminated biological specimens
- May not eat or drink in laboratory areas due to the possible presence of blood-borne pathogens
- Stress related to deadlines
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to learn basic medical terminology
- Accurate and efficient typing skills (35 WPM minimum) and 10 key
- Ability to work with accuracy and speed in a team oriented effort while paying close attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Flexible with hours based on workload
- 2 outstanding references including at least 1 manager reference
- Clean background and the ability to pass a drug screen
- College-level science background
- Specimen processing experience
- Phlebotomy skills
- Willingness to be flexible with hours scheduled
- Current CPR Certification
- Proof of negative TB test within the past 12 months
- Full shot record
About WSi Healthcare Personnel
Since 1988, WSi Healthcare Personnel, Inc. has been committed to providing complete job placement services to the Western Region. Recently voted one of the 10 most dependable staffing agencies in the region we push the boundaries of what a healthcare staffing company can offer both its candidates and its clients.
Healthcare professionals trust their careers with WSi Healthcare Personnel. Our professionals are the most loyal because of WSi’s outstanding placement services, pay rates and opportunities. Whether you need a full time position, part time or temporary opportunity, contact WSi Healthcare Personnel today for more information on how you can join our esteemed team of healthcare professionals.
Referral Bonus Program
Even if you are not currently needing assistance, if you know of other qualified healthcare workers seeking employment opportunities please pass on my contact information. Once they become active and have worked at least 40 hours on our payroll, we will send you a $100 referral bonus. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer!